Packed with incredible vistas and nature trails, Colorado living simply can’t be beat. The only downside to spending so much time outdoors is it can cause UV damage! If you’re feeling like you’ve soaked up a bit too much sun this summer, even with diligent SPF application, you’re in good company. Reapplying SPF can be challenging for us on-the-go types! Fortunately, you can fight back and even reverse sun damage with advanced skin rejuvenation treatments. Now that fall is underway, the time is right to renew your skin with a laser skin treatment here at Atagi Plastic Surgery & Skin Aesthetics.
One of our favorite skin treatments for correcting sun damage and improving the overall health and appearance of your skin is a combination treatment with Halo™ fractional laser skin resurfacing and BBL™ photofacial. Here’s a closer look at this unbeatable pairing in skin renewal and what you can expect from your treatment.
Why combine Halo and BBL?
You get overlapping, synergistic benefits. By combining Halo and BBL, you are stimulating your skin in a variety of ways and at different levels to reveal the widest possible range of benefits. Halo, a hybrid fractional laser, restores the glow that the sun and stress have depleted from your skin. BBL is a non-invasive treatment known for correcting uneven skin tone, sun spots, age spots, redness and even small veins. Combined, your skin looks healthier, more vibrant and youthful in both texture and tone. Your pores are tighter, your skin is smoother and you’re glowing with a youthful radiance that’s effortless.
What can you expect from a Halo/BBL treatment?
Halo is a fractional laser that creates “micro channels” in your skin. What this means is that Halo’s laser vaporizes tiny columns into skin to stimulate its natural healing response. As your skin heals, it produces vibrant new collagen and elastin, revealing smoother, brighter skin with smaller pore size, diminished lines and wrinkles, brighter tone and more.
● Adding BBL to your Halo doesn’t add to your downtime because it’s a non-invasive intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment that doesn’t’ break your skin. The only thing BBL adds to your treatment is benefits, as BBL helps reveal a brighter, more evenly toned complexion.
● In the first few hours after your Halo, your skin will be very red and feel extremely sunburned. This sensation lasts about two hours and can be soothed by cooling your treated skin with a fan.
● In the next two days, redness fades and your controlled injuries will form a coffee ground appearance. This is a good sign because it means your skin is healing itself!
● Within the next few days, your skin will start flaking off, revealing vibrant, new skin beneath.
● By the end of the week, depending on the intensity of your Halo, you should be left with a glowing complexion that looks healthy and youthful. Best of all, your complexion benefits will keep coming as your skin continues to generate vibrant new collagen and elastin growth!
Here at Atagi Plastic Surgery and our sister practice BESANA Health & Wellness next door, we are committed to helping you look and feel your best in every way! Together, our two practices provide a one-stop-shop for all your wellness and aesthetic needs. In addition to laser skin rejuvenation, we offer reiki, BHRT, medically-supervised weight loss, PRP skin treatments, plastic surgery and so much more! Call 303.872.5103 or request a consultation online today!